Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Cannot have more than two objects in scene
Brief update.

To eliminate other causes, I've disabled everything in the scene except for the three cloth objects, and the three rb's that they connect to via a static particle connection. 

Behavior is the same, two are fine, three is instant (or near instant if one is enabled during runtime) crash to desktop.

I have noted that it is more stable (but does still crash eventually) if collisions are disabled, even when there is nothing to collide with in the scene.

(19-03-2023, 05:10 PM)MEPETAMINALS Wrote: Brief update.

To eliminate other causes, I've disabled everything in the scene except for the three cloth objects, and the three rb's that they connect to via a static particle connection. 

Behavior is the same, two are fine, three is instant (or near instant if one is enabled during runtime) crash to desktop.

I have noted that it is more stable (but does still crash eventually) if collisions are disabled, even when there is nothing to collide with in the scene.

Update 2.

I've found I can have all three without issue, if I give each cloth object a separate solver. It's only when three or more are parented to the same solver that the issue occurs.

This makes me question what I'm doing -- is this expected? Should every cloth object have a separate solver?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot have more than two objects in scene - by MEPETAMINALS - 19-03-2023, 05:10 PM