Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Jitter on small linked objects
Hello!

I'm trying to create a rope that the user would be able to grab and interact with in VR from basically any place, not only the start and end. So I figured the simples way to do that would be to add a bunch of rigidbodies and connect them via ropes. Similar to the RopeNet example. I also need to sync that over the network, that's another reason I used a couple of rigidbodies, they are very simple to sync over Fusion with NetworkObject.

What I did is I took the RopeNet example script and made my own that generates the same thing, but in a line instead of a net and adds a couple of components for interactivity to the rigidbody objects.

Since it should still look like a rope and not a buoy line, these objects should be reasonably small (the smaller the better) and with a pretty low distance between them for usability. But when I make the objects small, the ropes start to detach and jitter (the RopeNet example does that too, on the top ones).

Attached a low fps gif of the jitter (it is way more spazzy in Unity).

Can anybody help me remove the jitter or point me in the right direction if my approach is flawed?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Jitter on small linked objects - by Crazo - 17-03-2023, 08:56 PM
RE: Jitter on small linked objects - by Crazo - 17-03-2023, 10:50 PM
RE: Jitter on small linked objects - by Crazo - 18-03-2023, 03:23 PM
RE: Jitter on small linked objects - by Crazo - 18-03-2023, 12:28 PM