Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Ropes Jitter in Crane Movement
(17-03-2023, 08:29 AM)josemendez Wrote: The video looks as if the solver is parented to the crane's boom, and the boom is being rotated in Update. So Id' look for causes #1 or #2 in the above list, I think the third one can be safely ruled out. #1 is the most probable one, specially since you mention that adding more ropes causes jittering to be worse, which makes sense since more workload increases the frequency gap between Update and FixedUpdate().

Also note that parenting the "load" (the gray box hanging from the ropes) to the crane as it seems to be the case in the video doesn't make much sense: that will kinematically move the load together with the boom which is certainly not what you want in any crane. It also doesn't make sense for the solver to be part of the boom: that will simulate in the local space of the boom, while you most certainly want to simulate either in world space or the crane's local space.

kind regards,

Yes the structure is like this

- Root (Obi Solver and Component)
- - Crane
- - - Crane Boom (Movement Script but not in Update, its event based)
- - - - Ropes
- - - - Load

Now when the crane boom moves it moves the both ropes and load, this is because if I take Load outside the Crane Boom then it gets a huge swing. So I'm also moving the load to reduce the huge swing. How I can reduce the swing if I take it outside?

Messages In This Thread
Ropes Jitter in Crane Movement - by vrtraining - 16-03-2023, 04:58 PM
RE: Ropes Jitter in Crane Movement - by vrtraining - 20-03-2023, 04:28 AM