Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Fluids sucked into colliders
Hi,

Here is a video illustrating the issue: https://youtu.be/37qQ8HVPaqs

The two cubes have a simple script controlling their rigidbody's velocity. If there is some fluid on top of them, and you can see that it get sucked into the cubes' colliders as the cubes gain velocity (despite not moving since they already touch the ground).

This is a simplified example, my real case scenario is that I have fluid in a container moved by the player (using RB velocity only). But when I place the container on a surface (with still some velocity as it is still grabbed by the player), suddenly all the fluid clips through the colliders because of the exact situation illustrated above in the video.

Please note that I took care of changing the rigidbody velocity only, and that a closed container can shake extremely hard without having any fluid tunneling. The issue only occurs when the container touches another collider.

Some additional notes:
- Weirdly enough, when I copy pasted the example above (video) in a new blank scene with only the essential items, I didn't get the issue. But after reloading the new scene, the clipping appeared again against *some* cubes, not all. Despite being exact duplicates.
- I tried in some Obi example scenes (in another, clean project) and got the same issue (eg raclette or viscosity: added RB moving script and set the RB to non kinematic, more mass and no gravity)
- I am in URP

Messages In This Thread
Fluids sucked into colliders - by Voolg - 06-03-2023, 01:08 PM
RE: Fluids sucked into colliders - by josemendez - 06-03-2023, 01:40 PM
RE: Fluids sucked into colliders - by Voolg - 06-03-2023, 05:34 PM