Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Rope Jitter Issue
(07-03-2023, 08:20 PM)VirtualV Wrote: Thank you for the response! I quickly created a new project that showcases the issue. The rope is not parented to any objects in the scene. You can download the project here as a .zip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1exHQlfd...sp=sharing

The project doesn’t include the Obi Rope package which needs to be imported and the editor restarted.

Based on your reply, I believe the issue may have to do with attaching a static particle attachment to an interpolated Rigidbody, equivalent to parenting the rope. If this is the cause of the issue, do you have any idea on how I can fix it?

Thanks again!

Hi,

Enabling interpolation in the solver and modifying the ObiParticleAttachment script as described in my first answer seems to solve the issue in the example project you shared: statically attached particles are not interpolated by default, so they will behave as if the object they're attached to is not interpolated. Modifying the script enables interpolation for statically attached particles:

Also, note that in your scene the "Hook-Bottom" rigidbody is not interpolated, so it will jitter relative to both the rope and the Rigidbody-Camera object as a result. If you're going to use interpolation, it's best to use it for all related objects. Note too that interpolation in any engine introduces a roughly 1-frame delay in the position of all objects vs their actual physics state (since you're interpolating their current state and their previous state), so it will introduce a slight offset in things like attachments/joints/collisions.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 06-03-2023, 12:31 AM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 06-03-2023, 08:13 AM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 06-03-2023, 08:56 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 06-03-2023, 09:16 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 06-03-2023, 09:30 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 07-03-2023, 08:41 AM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 07-03-2023, 08:20 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 08-03-2023, 03:52 PM