Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Rope Jitter Issue
(06-03-2023, 09:30 PM)VirtualV Wrote: I can't seem to attach the video so I uploaded it to Streamable: https://streamable.com/ueed9z

I created a quick scene to demonstrate the issue: https://streamable.com/chzems I’ve tried playing around with the decimation factor but it hasn’t had any effect

Thank you!

Edit: I forgot to mention that turning on interpolation on the Obi Solver doesn't solve the issue

This is just my guess, but it looks as if the rope is parented to the object it's attached to.

This is in essence doubly-parenting the rope to the object and will have the effect of translating the mesh during frames where there's no physics update (due to it being a child of the rigidbody) then re-creating the mesh back at its physical position during physics updates, which explains the jittering since interpolation is always 1 frame behind the actual physics state:

- create mesh at the position dictated by physics.
- the mesh moves due to interpolation because it's parented to the rigidbody.
- mesh is created back at the position dictated by physics.
- translated forward again due to parenting.
etc.

This would only affect mesh-based rendering (particles are not actual meshes, it's a shader trick).

Not sure if this is your case, but if it is the solution should be as simple as taking the rope outside the hierarchy of the object so that it's driven by physics alone.

If it isn't, would it be possible for you to share your Unity scene so that I can take a closer look at it?

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 06-03-2023, 12:31 AM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 06-03-2023, 08:13 AM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 06-03-2023, 08:56 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 06-03-2023, 09:16 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 06-03-2023, 09:30 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 07-03-2023, 08:41 AM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 07-03-2023, 08:20 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 08-03-2023, 03:52 PM