Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Two Ropes sharing a Dynamic Target
(06-02-2023, 08:10 PM)Giantbean Wrote: Thank you for your assistance. I'm still having issues getting it to work. I have labeled the start and end points as Positive Start and Positive end for the red rope and Start and End for the Black rope so I know they are not sharing particle groups. 
In the attached images the dynamic ropes hover a distance from the multimeter. The Static version shows at the multimeter but starts at a strange rigid angle (They both seem to have this strange starting angle?) I also attached an image of the rope's starting curves. I tried using two points A Start1 and Start2 like I saw the to "lower" on the ropes in the Freight lift example but it did not seem to make a difference.

Using a Start particle group that is static followed by a start 2 that is dynamic and has an end and end 2 that also mix dynamic and static is getting close but has terrible drag. Maybe I just need to adjust rigidbody weights.

...Except that makes the object jitter and "swim" across the floor when it is picked up and then set back down.

Based on your description of the issue (ropes starting at a weird angle near the attachment, jittering and “swimming” when picking the rigidbodies up) my guess would be you’ve attached the rope inside a collider that’s also set to collide against the rope. As a result the rope tries to be simulateously inside and outside the collider, since this is physically impossible to achieve it gives rise to unnatural behavior.

This situation - along with the solution- is described in the manual’s page for attachments (see “attachments inside colliders”)
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

This is also the reason why the FreightLift sample scene ropes have two control points near the platform: the one at the very end of the rope has its collision filters set to ignore collisions against the platform.

Let me know whether this helps,

Kind regards

Messages In This Thread
Two Ropes sharing a Dynamic Target - by Giantbean - 06-02-2023, 05:00 PM
RE: Two Ropes sharing a Dynamic Target - by josemendez - 06-02-2023, 09:31 PM