Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question, Suggestion, Request. Obi Rope + Game Creator 2
I'm trying to combine Game Creator 2 with Obi Rope capabilities.

Game Creator 2 is an all around game engine used with unity to basically turn everything into visual scripting. Amazing Asset.
Obi Rope seems to be the best solution on the asset store for these tasks.

I've been looking to create two different actions

- Player able to jump towards a handing rope and grabbing it, swinging and possibly back and forth, then using the jump to dismount the rope.

- A grappling hook / whip action to grab onto surfaces and pull the player towards it. 

Right now I'm working with the first person with Game Creator 2.

You are a very intelligent individual to have created these assets, I've used your search feature and seen numerous requests for a 3D swinging, and 3d grappling hook. I know you believe the demo scene is a great starting point for purchasers of your asset. However, I'm not nearly intelligent as you with these scripting and game object setups. If you create a integration with Game Creator 2 and sold it as an asset, you would get a lot of purchases. The posts I've read seems a lot of people are purchasing your asset to accomplish these things. If you could help create these to work in Game Creator 2, I can pay or purchase multiple copies of your assets and gift them to several people. 

I know you're a very busy man and probably have other projects at hand. I've been toying around with the grappling hook scene and Game Creator 2 Player Prefab, some of the main issues I've come across are.

Game Creator 2 doesn't add a rigid body to the player until play mode, so trying to add the Obi Rigid body doesn't happen unless I add the component in play mode.

Im not sure if my player prefab has to be a child of the obi solver, as the cube is in the demo scene.

The way Game Creator 2 sets up the player prefab is in the screenshot. 

I've tried a few different things back and forth still having some issues, Not sure how I should set up these hierarchy of game objects. Anyway. Would love to see a integration with GC2 or Tutorial Video of combining these assets. Would Gladly Pay

[Image: Question.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2023-01-30-at-5-29-35-PM.png]

Messages In This Thread
Question, Suggestion, Request. Obi Rope + Game Creator 2 - by Skcmmj - 31-01-2023, 06:59 PM