Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope not affected by gravity
(31-10-2022, 09:34 AM)MarieGrasmeier Wrote: Yeah, I wish I had done may PhD in physical sciences now

Knowing basic real-world physics of course helps (it's important to understand the basics like velocities, accelerations, forces, and mass) but often it's a matter of understanding how simulation works in games in general. Concepts like timestepping, vector spaces and kinematics/dynamics are paramount not just for using Obi, but for most other physics engines. You can make a basic stack of boxes in Unity or a simple rope in Obi without the need to understand these, but as soon as you start trying more complex stuff you'll hit a wall unless you're familiar with these concepts.

(31-10-2022, 09:34 AM)MarieGrasmeier Wrote: Unfortunately, it seems that it is not the sleep threshould. I made it very small and finally set it to zero to test it. No effect.

Are you sure the solver is being updated at all? That sounds like there's no updater component in the scene. If a solver is not included in an updater, it won't be simulated.

Solvers determine where a simulation takes place, Updaters determine when. Both are equally important: if either of them is absent, there will be no simulation. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...aters.html

Also taking a look at the overall engine architecture may help:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...cture.html

Note: when you create a Solver component using Unity's menus, a ObiFixedUpdater component is automatically created for you if there's none in the scene yet, and the solver is included in it. If you've copied a solver from another scene, you might have forgotten to copy the updater from that scene, or to create a new one yourself in the new scene. This could explain your situation.

(31-10-2022, 09:34 AM)MarieGrasmeier Wrote: And finally: thank you so much for this great support form and your work here. That is really amazing!

You're welcome! this is my job and I give it my all Sonrisa

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
Rope not affected by gravity - by MarieGrasmeier - 30-10-2022, 08:35 PM
RE: Rope not affected by gravity - by josemendez - 31-10-2022, 08:04 AM
RE: Rope not affected by gravity - by josemendez - 31-10-2022, 09:40 AM
RE: Rope not affected by gravity - by josemendez - 31-10-2022, 11:04 AM