Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can I measure the fluid pressure?
I haven't purchased Obi Fluid yet, as I'd like to know if it's possible to measure the amount of fluids' pressure on some objects.

For instance, if I had a balloon, and started filling it up with fluid, the balloon should expand as the liquid is being added and, at some point, pop. Let's assume I'd like to measure the amount of pressure the fluid acts on the balloon's "wall" because I'd like to determine where it should pop. The balloon could be of a generated shape, so the popping point might change depending on its structure. Or perhaps the balloon could be created using different-resistance materials, making the pressure distribution different. Would be great to be able to simulate situations like this one.

So the question is - could I do that with Obi Fluid? Furthermore, could I use Obi Softobdy in combination with Obi Fluid to achieve a balloon that reacts to that pressure as a soft body? For example, it slightly stretches if I rapidly inject fluid in a certain place. My end goal is to have deformable bodies with fluid(s) inside, which can be stretched or squished to create tears on their surfaces (and hence let the fluid(s) out in a rather explosive manner).

Thank you for your time and the great tools you've created.

Edit: Think something like Polybridge which shows which bridge elements are about to break under the vehicle(s) pressure.

Messages In This Thread
Can I measure the fluid pressure? - by Bertalicious - 15-08-2022, 02:00 PM