Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Gaps between rope and attached colliders
(15-08-2022, 08:59 AM)kebab_traume Wrote: Hi! Need help with a few things. First - how to avoid those gaps which sometimes appear when a rope and attached collider are in contact with another collider (there are some attached screenshots). I haven't had such an issue in previous projects but here I'm strugglyng a lot. And another question is how to make ends of a wire behave like a wire (here I have multimeters test leads and wires're not so flexible near the lead). That is similar to audiocable implementation. I saw one thread on a unity forum and one of the guys was writing about scripting particles and making them static. Not sure I understood right. Thank you!

Hi!

Make sure the end of the rope is not set to collide with the collider it is attached to. This situation and the solution (use collision filtering to keep the end of the rope from colliding with the object) is explained in the “attachments” page of the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

To prevent the object to freely rotate at the end of the rope, attach the rope at two points instead of just one. Just like in the real world: if you pin an object by a single point, it will freely rotate around it, but not if you pin two points instead.

Kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gaps between rope and attached colliders - by josemendez - 15-08-2022, 01:55 PM