Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi cloth on character not detecting collisions with obi collider objects
(10-02-2018, 09:54 PM)a12345 Wrote: Thanks for your response. I've checked the layers in my own scene and they are set correctly. The white surface in the image below has an obi collider on the default layer. The skirt with the debug particles has a solver that detects collisions on the default layer. The phases are different as well.

When I start my scene, the character is in this kneeling position and the dress is already below the surface of the floor collider. Do you think this is the issue?

At first I thought this might be the issue, but then my character gets up and kneels back down and the dress again penetrates the surface. I know the colliders are working as adjusting the thickness distorts the particles, but that still doesn't prevent the particles that were initially below the surface from falling back through when the character kneels again.

[Image: WnloXiC.png]

Cloth reacting to change in thickness of collider:

[Image: x9cVMNM.png]

There's a couple issues here:

If your skin constraints are telling the cloth to not penetrate the skinned pose, and the collision constraints are telling the cloth to not penetrate the floor, then it is impossible to meet both constraints at once. You have no control over this, as neither result (over the floor/under the floor) is globally correct. This is why once the character gets up and back down, particles sink into the collider once more: the skin constraints tell them to, as otherwise they would penetrate the character's knees.

Your floor seems to be very thin, and since particles start on the "wrong" side of the floor, they will stay there during the simulation. They have no way of knowing which side of the collider you regard as the "good" side, so they will just try to stay in the side they start out. Once you increase the thickness of the collider, particles on the top side will just raise higher, and particles on the bottom side will sink further as you can see in your own image.

I'd simply make the floor way thicker, so that particles start out inside the floor and get projected up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi cloth on character not detecting collisions with obi collider objects - by josemendez - 10-02-2018, 10:53 PM