Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Trying to add DistanceConstraint for my TearableCloth but getting IndexOutOfRange
(19-08-2022, 07:09 PM)snowtv Wrote: Thanks for the response. I'm not really looking to remove the constraints, only "deactivate" them, which I assume is possible since there is ObiDistanceConstraintsBatch.DeactivateAllConstraints()

*Any* change you make to the actor blueprint constraints will have no effect at all in the solver, unless you tell the solver to reload them. This includes adding, removing, activating, deactivating, or modifying constraints.

Loading constraints on the solver is a one-way road. This works exactly the same way prefabs do: if you instantiate a prefab 5 times, any changes you make to the prefab from that point on will only affect new instances, the 5 already existing instances will not be modified.

When you modify a blueprint -either directly or trough an actor that's using it-, think of it as modifying a prefab: unless you apply the changes to all existing instances (that is, tell the solver to reload all constraints), these instances will remain unchanged.

(19-08-2022, 07:09 PM)snowtv Wrote: If I don't need to remove them then I shouldn't need to update my saved batch index in actor for these constraints, right?

As long as the amount of batches in the actor's blueprint does not change, the saved batch index will not change either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to add DistanceConstraint for my TearableCloth but getting IndexOutOfRange - by josemendez - 22-08-2022, 07:13 AM