Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
white particles are rendered completely clear
It looks like the renderer adds color to fluids by two sets of little blobs spread throughout the fluid that can only be a very limited amount of primary colors and blend to approximate the color you actually want the fluid to be. But instead of these blobs turning white for as you remove saturation and add lightness to the color, these colored blobs instead become more transparent until they fade away completely at FFFFFF leaving the fluid with no color of its own and only lighting, reflections, and refraction.

[Image: nFSKTcG.png]

This is what you can see in image 1, which has the particle color in the emitter set to FFFFFF. The blueish color is coming only from reflection of the skybox. What I want is what you see in image 4 though, which is an edit of the blue fluid in image 3. I just desaturated and lightened the blue channel, and now the fluid actually has its own color and is much more opaque than what the renderer produces for a white fluid.

The only way I can bring some of the white into the fluid is by lowering the transparency of the fluid renderer as seen in image 2, which is not an option for what I'm trying to do since the white fluid needs to mix with other clear fluids, which means they need to be on the same renderer and same transparency setting. Other than that I also just much prefer the clean transparent look without the shadows, especially the dithered ones from other particles.

Is there any way to get something like image 4 from the renderer with transparency set to 1? I tried playing around with the blending modes, but I found nothing that looks the way I want. The only thing that added some opacity was using one and one / additive blending, but that seems to remove most lighting detail and makes darker fluids way too bright.

Messages In This Thread
white particles are rendered completely clear - by locque - 11-07-2022, 08:50 AM