Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo rendering in Obi 7
With the Obi 7 release coming closer, I've got a few burning questions that I need to get off my chest:

- You said some time ago that HDRP support was being held back until the Obi 7 rewrite, does this mean HDRP support is coming with Obi 7 or is development only starting after Obi 7 is done?

- Right now the fluid shader only supports multi-pass stereo rendering, is there any chance you could add single-pass support for the HDRP shader?

This is incredibly important for it to be of any real use, because Unity unfortunately has a habit of treating multi-pass as a legacy feature. In the builtin RP and URP it at least works for the most basic setup without any post processing (most importantly no AA), but in the HDRP it is broken to the point of not even being able to enter play mode. You can force Unity to build in spite of the errors, but the result will look like this:

[Image: 96Io5GL.png]

It's fine if it doesn't perform any better than the multi-pass shader, it just needs to be compatible with single-pass rendering so you can dodge all of the catastrophic Unity issues that come with multi-pass, most of which are considered as won't fix (even if they refuse to state that directly) since they have gone completely ignored in the forums and the issue tracker for more than a year now.

Messages In This Thread
Stereo rendering in Obi 7 - by locque - 05-07-2022, 07:49 PM
RE: Stereo rendering in Obi 7 - by josemendez - 06-07-2022, 12:52 PM
RE: Stereo rendering in Obi 7 - by locque - 06-07-2022, 02:37 PM
RE: Stereo rendering in Obi 7 - by josemendez - 06-07-2022, 03:44 PM
RE: Stereo rendering in Obi 7 - by locque - 06-07-2022, 04:00 PM
RE: Stereo rendering in Obi 7 - by josemendez - 06-07-2022, 04:36 PM