Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use to simulate a hose in 3thr person
(31-10-2022, 03:42 PM)MarieGrasmeier Wrote: Hi Claudio,
thank you so much for the detailed answer.
The player controller rigidbody thing will still be exciting :-) Currently I use the Unity Starter Asset First Person Controller which is not physical. Looks like I will need to make my own controllers anyway at some point, also for other reasons. But not sure if it is a good idea to make the player a rididbody in general (could cause more trouble than it solves). We will see.
Otherwise, I will investigate in the possibility to somehow get the tension of the rope via code and disable player movement in the repsective direction when the hose is tight.

If you are averse to the character being a rigidbody, you should still be able to use a similar method, it will just increase the importance of the rigidbody that the rope connects to. (The 'nozzle') Just be careful when linking the non-rigidbody motions of the player to the rigidbody of the rope/rope interaction. They are designed to be moved via forces rather than set directly, and attempting to do so will cause a lot of jittery/bouncy/weird motions. Maybe write some code that moves the 'held' end of the rope/hose to a position near the player via physics forces kinda like the held objects in skyrim or something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Use to simulate a hose in 3thr person - by MEPETAMINALS - 31-10-2022, 04:34 PM