Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to make a whip
Hi everyone, I'm new here and only just started with Obi Rope.

I saw online that a few people managed to create a whip with Obi Rope but I couldn't find enough specific information on how they achieved it. I had a go at it myself with just a rope with 4 control points. I connected the first two control points to each other and gave each a mass of 10. The third control point has a mass of 5 and the final (at the tip) has a mass of 0.1

It sort of works but then I created a melee weapon with GameKitController and now it works a bit less Sonrisa Especially when picking up the weapon, the tip just flings around crazy. So I wanted to check if anyone can give me advice on how to best create a whip. Do you think it's best to use a rope or a rod? Or both? I feel like what would be good is if I could use a rope and progressively reduce the stiffness from one control point to the next, but I didn't see an option for that, which is why I tried the mass instead.

My whip doesn't need to do anything other than "whipping" through the air, meaning, it doesn't need to collide with anything or wrap around stuff. It's just a visual object that's all. The damage to the enemy is applied simply by triggering the melee attack itself, so it doesn't even matter if the whip actually hits an object or not.

Here's a video of my slightly failed attempt number one Sonrisa Thanks everyone

Messages In This Thread
Best way to make a whip - by wohoyefe - 08-06-2022, 05:49 PM
RE: Best way to make a whip - by josemendez - 09-06-2022, 07:19 AM
RE: Best way to make a whip - by wohoyefe - 09-06-2022, 11:21 AM