Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handles on Obi Rope cause twitching
(13-04-2018, 01:13 PM)Semih Wrote: Hello!
I've changed my movement and mouselook code to use fixed update and fixed delta time. I've also set the solver to use AfterFixedUpdate and the handle does not seem to lag behind anymore Sonrisa
However... the twitching is still happening at a set interval and is also not visible when running a standalone at 60 fps. I tried locking it to 30 fps int the standalone version and the twitching is then visible.

Here is a video of how it looks when I play in the editor. As you can see the handles are not lagging behind anymore but the rope is still twitching when I run sideways and look at the rope. I'm not really sure what else I can do right now :/
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1btCQsjz...9dQUU/view

Sorry for being a pain in the ass about this...

Hi,

In the video, the framerate itself seems to have huge spikes at fixed intervals, as the camera movement is very jerky too. This will of course cause physics to have hiccups (specially if you hit max fixed timestep), as the time passed since the last Update for a "hiccuped" frame is much higher than for regular frames.

Take a look at your profiler to see what's causing these spikes. Given the periodicity, I guess it could be GC.

Messages In This Thread
handles on Obi Rope cause twitching - by khalvr - 06-02-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: handles on Obi Rope cause twitching - by josemendez - 13-04-2018, 01:28 PM