Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  obi fluid unusable since 2021.2.17f1
Unity must have changed something that made it incompatible with Obi in 2021.2.17f1 that unfortunately made it into the 2021.3 LTS version, which I really would like to use.

The editor is unusable as soon as you import Obi Fluid into the project, everything slows down to a crawl. Going into play mode in any of the sample scene will result in around 5-10 FPS, and even just navigating the scene view outside of play mod is unusably slow.

This affects the entire project, not just the scenes that have Obi components in them. The problem is the exact same even in a completely new, empty scene in a project that has Obi Fluid imported.

There are no errors being reported in the console, so I'm not sure what is actually going on. But it's definitely Obi that is causing the problem, I tried it multiple times on completely blank projects and each one of them became unusable immediately after importing Obi. I also tried saying yes and no the the script upgrade prompt, it does not make a difference. Closing the project in this state will also crash the editor pretty much every time, here is the log in case that helps:

https://we.tl/t-kSM2qyMyxs (Too big for this post and pastebin)

Messages In This Thread
obi fluid unusable since 2021.2.17f1 - by locque - 19-04-2022, 07:46 AM