Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope extending issue
Howdy! First, let me say I'm a newbie and love your asset! I have few questions on Obi Rope, pls view the video link attached to better understand what I'm trying to accomplish:
The main use of rope is to pull and drag to tangle the rope between cylinders. Here are the questions:

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Qg3fuCsBE

1. As you can see from the video, when I pull and extend the rope, it wiggles (moves left and right) a lot. What I want is when you pull and drag the rope, it should be a stable extension. I'm using Obi Rope Cursor component to extend the rope. If there are any better solution to extend the rope very stably, pls let me know.

(here's the code how I extend the rope: cursor.ChangeLength(rope.CalculateLength() * 0.9f))

2. At the end of the video, you can see that the rope goes through the cylinder, I understand it happens because of performance issues, but I just wanted to know if there are any better solution not to get the rope pass through cylinders.

I bought this asset only few days ago so I'm sure I'm missing some optimal solution to get the result I want.

Best,

Billy

Messages In This Thread
Rope extending issue - by nmbileg - 17-04-2022, 01:29 PM
RE: Rope extending issue - by josemendez - 18-04-2022, 09:34 AM
RE: Rope extending issue - by nmbileg - 18-04-2022, 10:49 AM
RE: Rope extending issue - by josemendez - 18-04-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: Rope extending issue - by nmbileg - 26-04-2022, 05:08 PM