Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Raising stickiness in collision material makes particles spastic but not sticky
I'm trying to make fluid behave as much like a thick, stiff paste as possible. I though I could achieve that using collision material settings, but it looks like the friction in stickiness parameters only have a very limited effect on the fluid.

Raising static and dynamic friction to 1 and using maximum combination does slow the fluid down somewhat, but not nearly as much as I would need. It still flows pretty fast, like tomato soup at best maybe. I would much rather have something that behaves like mashed potatoes or soft butter.

Stickiness doesn't seem to do much of anything other than making the particles spastically dance around, they still flow off any angled surface immediately.

Here are the fluid and collision material settings I used: https://imgur.com/a/dGc779u

The container material is on the jar, and the tool material is on the spatula and the stirring rod. Solver, Emitter and everything else is using the default values from the faucet sample scene.

Messages In This Thread
Raising stickiness in collision material makes particles spastic but not sticky - by locque - 25-03-2022, 11:34 AM