Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Rope (Chain) in scene
(05-02-2018, 09:16 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Can you reproduce the issue consistently, or has it only happened once to you? The rope mesh is always destroyed both in play mode and in editor for us, both when enabling/disabling the rope and when creating/destroying it. As I mentioned, the only way I can think of for this to happen is for rope.OnDestroy() to be ignored by Unity for some reason when exiting play mode.

To stop all actors in a solver from being updating when not viewed by any camera, untick the "Simulate when invisible" checkbox in ObiSolver. See:http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/obisolver.html

The issue doesn't happened consistently. I may put the rope into the scene and its fine for a few days (I'm working on the same scene at 8-12 hours a day). But then it will start acting up. So as that point I would have to delete the whole thing and re-create the chain and pins.

From what you said, I will run a script to just find it and destroy it...and that should clear it up without me having to re-create it ...correct?

Note: I currently have "Simulate when inviisble" unticked. I've been disabling it as a precaution...just a bad habit as I've been burned in the past by other assets that consume resources even when they shouldn't. I'll make sure that it doesn't get disabled.

Side question: Is it possible to record the physics simulation for obi cloth or rope and save as an animation? I want to having cloth and rope in more places...but need it to be super lightweight for that to happen.

Thanks for the timely replies...this has been a big help!

Messages In This Thread
Issue with Rope (Chain) in scene - by Sbmhome - 03-02-2018, 05:05 AM
RE: Issue with Rope (Chain) in scene - by Sbmhome - 05-02-2018, 08:52 PM
RE: Issue with Rope (Chain) in scene - by Sbmhome - 05-02-2018, 11:42 PM