Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link prefab not working when making a chain
(07-03-2022, 03:35 PM)dmenn Wrote: I have a chain link made in Blender. When I use it for a chain it seems to make the chain, but I can't see it. I tried with a small sphere, made in Unity, and it works just fine. There must be something I did wrong in Blender, or when exporting. Any tips much appreciated.
So tried again - just made a default torus in Blender - .12m on a side - a ring. Did nothing to it except Export to FBX and bring into Unity. Selected as prefab for the chain renderer and I can't see anything but the chain spline...

(07-03-2022, 04:45 PM)dmenn Wrote: So tried again - just made a default torus in Blender - .12m on a side - a ring. Did nothing to it except Export to FBX and bring into Unity. Selected as prefab for the chain renderer and I can't see anything but the chain spline...

I think I got it. For some reason the link, when used as a prefab for the chain, changes scale? I got very small compared to other objects imported from the same Blender file. So scaled it in the Link Scale of the Chain Renderer and now I can see my chain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Link prefab not working when making a chain - by dmenn - 07-03-2022, 04:45 PM