Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Invalid memory access using libOni backend
While the empty project with demo scripts didn't get me any results yet, I have successfully provoked the crash in my game and in the Editor quite often today. I installed some very extensive logging about everything I ever do with ObiColliders (custom made so I know it's being flushed properly), and I believe that I am starting to see a pattern.

In 7 out of 7 times now, during the frame where the crash occurs, some ObiColliders are disabled and a character is spawned, causing the creation (not just enabling, but instantiation) of 15 new ObiColliders and an ObiRigidbody each. I'm suspecting that this causes some kind of data anomaly that results in the bad memory access. I'll try and give it a more direct shot tomorrow.

EDIT: That alone doesn't seem to be it. Would have been too easy. I'll probably switch to Burst and try if I can sneak in some more elaborate debugging in there, because attaching Valgrind seems much more complicated and from experience, it'd probably be way too slow to actually get to a crashing scenario.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invalid memory access using libOni backend - by pdinklag - 16-02-2022, 09:47 PM