Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Invalid memory access using libOni backend
Thanks for your insight!

Quote:Prior to 6.4 disabling domain reload would cause in runtime errors complaining about null collider/rigidbody references. It's unlikely that this is related to the issue at hand though. What Obi version are you using?

I believe I missed the release of 6.4, but the timing couldn't be better then. I was using 6.3 so far, but didn't experience any problems like that. Will update to 6.4 before doing anything further!

Quote:A long as you're not destroying colliders while Obi is updating the simulation (which happens during the ObiFixedUpdater's FixedUpdate() method) it should be fine. The only way to do this is during the solver's OnSubstep event. Are you using any of Obi's callback events?

Nope, I really just wanted the rigidbody interaction as a visual effect of sorts, I don't need to react to any events right now.

Quote:Not that I'm aware of, Obi updates its internal collider/rigidbody representation once per FixedUpdate(). If you enable/disable colliders in the same Update for instance, Obi's physics engine will not even know.

That's how these things are supposed to work, good!  Sonrisa

Quote:I'm going to try and replicate this on an empty project, by creating a scene that generates lots of colliders and randomly enables/disables them at runtime. It's very unlikely this will successfully reproduce the issue, so if necessary would it be possible for you to share the project where this is happening so that I can take a closer look at it?

Independently of that I decided to do the same, but rather than simple randomness, I will try to simulate the patterns from the actual project, just much faster in hope it crashes after less than 35 minutes.  Gran sonrisa

If I can't find a way to reproduce it this way, I'll think about how I can share the project.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invalid memory access using libOni backend - by pdinklag - 16-02-2022, 04:13 PM