Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can I adjust to stop a cloth from doing through a collision mesh?
Quote:Are you generating the garment meshes programmatically? for instance, delaunay triangulation of a bezier patch. If so there's a good chance that your mesh does not have any uv/normal/color discontinuity (at least not for each individual garment piece).

Yup, that is the approach we're taking with generation. We're using a cubic spline drawing of the garment and using Delaunay triangulation to extract a mesh out of the garment drawing.

and yea, each piece it being processed separately.

Quote:When triangulating the garment piece to generate a mesh, I create the vertices at the borders last, this way I have an easy way to identify vertices at the borders: they're always at the end of the mesh vertex list.
I might try that change with my implementation.

atm with my implementation Im having to retrieve if a vertex is on a curve and if that curve can be stitched, it would yea be simpler if I could just have the vertices that need to be stitched at the end of the vertex list to make stitching simpler.

[Image: XIWfbhF.png]

I have done a debug of the curves that are being stitched, which did reveal a bug of that I wasn't stitching everything, but there is still the problem of things flying off of the model.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What can I adjust to stop a cloth from doing through a collision mesh? - by MoonBoop - 02-02-2022, 10:08 AM