Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the first part of a rope rigid....
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Obi Rope and I'm struggling with something that I hope someone has come across before.

I have my rope (which is actually an electrical cable) and the end control point is attached to a mesh of a 'plug'.  The end control point is just inside the plug mesh, and everything works, when I move the plug the cable is dragged with it.  However the cable rotates at the end point which clearly doesn't look natural.

What I need to do is have the first part of the cable, say 5cm (in a real world example), that sticks out from the back of the plug which is completely rigid (and follows the same orientation of the plug mesh).  Then I would need the cable to bend after that 5cm.

I'm assuming that I need to create a second control point 5cm along the cable.  I have experimented with attaching both these points to the plug mesh (Obi Particle Attachment) but I cant seem to get it to work.  Am I on the right lines?

I have added an image as a file attachment in the hopes of making my poor explanation clearer.

cheers and thanks in advance

Ian

Messages In This Thread
Making the first part of a rope rigid.... - by UglyMug - 17-01-2022, 12:02 PM