Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Problems integrating Obi Cloth with UMA 2, no particle contacts
(10-11-2021, 12:07 PM)chris_stamati Wrote: Hello,

thanks for the quick reply!

Basically, I made an ObiSetupManager component that listens for character updates (Add or Remove Clothes). 
1. When I click on a UI item Uma automatically adds a cloth to an avatar on a separated skinned mesh renderer, when the cloth is generated OnCharacterUpdated gets called.
2. I then loop through all the skinnedmeshrenderers and if it's a cloth item I add an ObiSetupComponent that will add the Skinned Cloth and Skinned Cloth Renderer.
3. I assign the BlueprintProvider which is a scriptable object containing all the references to blueprints
4. When the name of the current skin renderer gets updated with a new cloth item I just get the new blueprint and assign it...

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/MCGP2yXBa5I

This is how I assign a blueprint

I really have no clue!! I'm desperately searching for a solution ahah
Thanks again!!

Hi!

I just tried very similar code and it works fine for me. Assigning a new blueprint just takes the actor out of the solver, loads the new blueprint data, and readds the actor to the solver. This is basically the same thing that happens when you first start the scene.

I don't think I can be of any help without further details about your project.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problems integrating Obi Cloth with UMA 2, no particle contacts - by josemendez - 12-11-2021, 10:36 AM