Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a ragdoll attachment to the rope's end
(28-10-2021, 01:40 PM)josemendez Wrote: I assume that for some reason, the built-in culling (disabling "simulate when invisible" in the solver) does not work in your case?

Hard to tell from the video, but the issue might be the following:

If you disable the rope component, the rope will be taken out of the solver. When re-enabling it, it will be re-added to the solver all cuts will be reset. This is because cutting a rope does not permanently change the blueprint, it's a temporary change made to the actor itself. This is intentional, not a bug.

If this is the case, simply disable the solver component only (not the entire gameobject). This will stop the simulation while retaining the state of all currently loaded ropes.

I tried that. If I disable only the solver, the rope remain in that state, but the body in the end falling down.
After I enable it again... The body will be in the end, but also a big force apply on the rope, so the rope suddenly moving with big speed Triste

Also if I disable simulate when invisible is the same behaviour like I mentioned before. Big force apply to the body in the end

Also the fps going down to 1-10 fps with the solution you mentioned. With my solution only enabled/disabled the gameobject the fps is 20-30 fps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add a ragdoll attachment to the rope's end - by lacasrac - 29-10-2021, 08:38 AM