Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to tune/set constraints of a particle group from an obiActor during runtime
Hi all,

I am trying to write a script, that allows me to tune/set the constraints of a selected obi particle group at runtime.

If I understood correctly, I should know the offset of that actor's particle group constraints, inside the solver batch, to set the constraints.

The problem that I am facing, is that I am not able to locate the constraints from the particle group in the solver.
My idea was to loop through the constraints of the actor, and if the constraint is also present in the particle group, set the constraints.
Is this the way to go? (As I cannot seem to figure that part out).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Jasper

My current implementation on setting a softbody ShapeMatchingConstraints  look something like this, where I still need to fill in the "ConstraintIsInParticleGroup()" function:
Code:
using Obi;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

public class ParticleGroupTest : MonoBehaviour
{
    [SerializeField] private ObiActor obiActor = null;
    [SerializeField] private ObiParticleGroup obiParticleGroup = null;
    private ObiSoftbody obiSoftbody = null;

bool ConstraintIsInParticleGroup()
    {
        // ???
        return true;
    }

void Start()
    {
        obiSoftbody = obiActor.GetComponent<ObiSoftbody>();
    }

void Update()
    {
        // get constraints stored in the actor:
        var actorConstraints = obiSoftbody.GetConstraintsByType(Oni.ConstraintType.ShapeMatching)
                    as ObiConstraints<ObiShapeMatchingConstraintsBatch>;
        // get runtime constraints in the solver:
        var solverConstraints = obiSoftbody.solver.GetConstraintsByType(Oni.ConstraintType.ShapeMatching)
                    as ObiConstraints<ObiShapeMatchingConstraintsBatch>;

// get batches and offsets
        List<ObiShapeMatchingConstraintsBatch> actorSoftBodyBatches = actorConstraints.batches;
        List<ObiShapeMatchingConstraintsBatch> solverSoftBodyBatches = solverConstraints.batches;
        List<int> offsets = obiSoftbody.solverBatchOffsets[(int)Oni.ConstraintType.ShapeMatching];

for (int i_batch = 0; i_batch < actorConstraints.batches.Count; ++i_batch) // loop over batches
            for (int i_constraint = 0; i_constraint < actorSoftBodyBatches[i_batch].activeConstraintCount; ++i_constraint) // loop over constraints
                if (ConstraintIsInParticleGroup())
                {
                    int index = i_constraint + offsets[i_batch]; //apply offset to constraint index per batch

solverSoftBodyBatches[i_batch].materialParameters[index * 5] = 0.0f; // deformation resistance
                    solverSoftBodyBatches[i_batch].materialParameters[index * 5 + 1] = 1.0f; // plasticYield
                    solverSoftBodyBatches[i_batch].materialParameters[index * 5 + 2] = 1.0f; // plasticCreep;
                    solverSoftBodyBatches[i_batch].materialParameters[index * 5 + 3] = 1.0f; // plasticRecovery
                    solverSoftBodyBatches[i_batch].materialParameters[index * 5 + 4] = 1.0f; // maxDeformation
                }
    }

Messages In This Thread
How to tune/set constraints of a particle group from an obiActor during runtime - by Jschol - 15-10-2021, 01:07 PM