Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBI Assets do not work with Octane Render
I know. Totally understand. I tried explaining that to them but they just don't get it.
Anyway all good on that topic. Its a small code change anyway.

Now however I have a different problem. When rendering with timeline and Octane offline renderer the timescale of OBI gets out of whack. Obviously with an offline renderer the frame rate is like one frame every few seconds.

When rendered the OBI simulation runs at hyper speed with ropes flying around in all directions

OBI seems to be using actual real time rather than game time. How can I fix this ?

I noticed that in OBIFixedUpdate you are using BeginStep(Time.fixedDeltaTime);

When I check ObiLateUpdater it says:
/// Updater class that will perform simulation during LateUpdate(). This is highly unphysical and should be avoided whenever possible.
    /// This updater does not make any accuracy guarantees when it comes to two-way coupling with rigidbodies.
    /// It is only provided for the odd case when there's no way to perform simulation with a fixed timestep.
    /// If in doubt, use the ObiFixedUpdater component instead.

What is my best strategy. Is it to switch OBIFixedUpdate to use time.deltatime ? or to switch to OBILateUpdater
Or to create an updater that runs during update ?

Note: This is going to be a common issue for anyone using Timeline with offline render mode.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OBI Assets do not work with Octane Render - by tcwicks - 13-08-2021, 01:01 PM