Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  ObiColliders not working with scripted ropes
Hi there,

This is my first post here, apologies if it's in the wrong place or if I'm just doing something very silly...
I think have come across an issue with the Obi Collider script.

Both of the sample scenes I have found where the ropes are generated through scripts (RopeGrapplingHook & RopeNet samples) do not collide with the environment, despite Obi Collider script components being present on the relevant game objects (environment mesh for RopeNet and level geometry for RopeGrapplingHook).

I have tried a number of different settings to enable collision between ropes generated from scripts but nothing has worked collision obi collider thicknesses, obi rope surface based collision, various distance fields, collision margins in the Obi solver, etc.

In summary, when using GrapplingHook.AttachHook() for rope creation, collisions do not work. When using ropes created via the Unity inspector (not from scripts), everything seems to work fine. Should be able to repro by observing RopeNet demo dropping below the environment in the latest version of the ObiRope package (v6.2).

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
ObiColliders not working with scripted ropes - by PeachyNotFound - 28-07-2021, 03:36 PM