Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  hi, should I use obi rope for this type grappling system?
hello, thank you dev for your hard work, i own this asset and want to ask if remaking this style of grappling system is feasible/do-able making use of obi-rope?:

(huh? now that i look closely on second video, maybe this game already was using obirope?)

i was also looking at your other asset:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/to...tor-133620

is it better instead?

feature set i am looking at implementing:

1. dynamic stretch and reposition, with anchor (i guess this is removal and addition of active particles within chain??)

2. continuous collisions for arbitrary collision surfaces(tree, boat, box, character, bush, anything) with anchor (supporting wrapping and two points contact) (also operates while player moves about without going through terrain)

3. momentum/add force reactive (permit swinging, i guess i can apply force to mid point of rope and also end in intervals based on player input(maybe determine axis based on controller z, x, y, facing) and maximal incremented multiplier over a set predetermined limit, ex: mid/end point+0.1force, time step, +0.2, +0.3, +0.4 (not sure how to solve this yet)

uhh guess its easier than i thought, seems to already do most, im wondering though if using your asset (no source code for obirope) will be good for lifetime of a project like this? i wouldnt need source code in the future if i simply make use of rope property? 

i could implement a simplistic solution myself but i just want to save time but dont want to be stuck later. but then again i can just use your system for certain parts of my grappling system and then add on custom code for specific use, not a issue either way just curious (also i have no time to edit source code anyway just like having the option to extend functionality and make use of api, not really modify just addition libs)

i think your asset is the fastest for this yes??
thank you again for hard work on this great job, i am also considering to get obi cloth but i will wait and see if i can use it (for dynamic flags)

Messages In This Thread
hi, should I use obi rope for this type grappling system? - by usemahrope88 - 01-07-2021, 06:25 PM