Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few general questions
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the proper usage of this package as follows:

1. What is "generally recommended" number of vertices in a single Obi Cloth mesh? Obviously, I'd think smaller the better due to performance reasons but I wonder if I should stay away from using a high-poly (i.e., 10,000+ vertices) meshes

2. I noticed that the trench coat mesh found in the CharacterCloth demo has a little more than 2,800 vertices. And during runtime it moves a lot smoother than my custom mesh, which has close to 5,000 vertices. Apart from using less than optimal settings for my mesh, what other factors would contribute to my mesh's jagged, unnatural movement & look? Should I triangulate my meshes as the trench coat mesh is?

3. I cannot seem to get the ObiClothDragger feature work on my custom mesh. I'm particularly curious as to what settings have been used for the skirt demo on this blog post (http://blog.virtualmethodstudio.com/2017...whats-new/). I have not been able to find any demo/tutorial on the ObiClothDragger feature (which is one of the main reasons why I bought this package), so it'd be tremendously helpful if you could provide some guidance on the proper setup. On a related note, which application did you use to properly rig the skirt mesh?

Any pointers and/or tips would be much appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
A few general questions - by rendezvous - 15-01-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: A few general questions - by josemendez - 15-01-2018, 07:14 PM
RE: A few general questions - by rendezvous - 15-01-2018, 11:51 PM
RE: A few general questions - by josemendez - 16-01-2018, 12:09 AM
RE: A few general questions - by rendezvous - 16-01-2018, 04:36 AM
RE: A few general questions - by josemendez - 16-01-2018, 09:38 AM