Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grabbing a random position on a rope at runtime (obirope 5)
Hey, I've had a look over previous forum questions and have seen some answers that i think are related to an older system with pins...

I have a rope that i'm at runtime I'm wanting to be able to grab...   Previously it seemed like you would do this by creating a pin at the point where your hand touched the rope...

My current approach is to try and find the closest particle to where your hand is, create a particle group at that point, and use a particle attachment to make a connection between that point and the transform of your hand.  

I'm abit stuck though, i can't figure out how to make a particle group at runtime, nor figure out how to specify the location of where the particle group should be. I have a convoluted idea that I could create a particle collision and see where the collision point is...

Very curious if someone has a suggestion on if I'm approaching this in the right direction, and if i am -  how to create a particle group at runtime at the point of collision...

Messages In This Thread
Grabbing a random position on a rope at runtime (obirope 5) - by ink_13 - 03-05-2021, 06:16 AM