Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grabbing a random position on a rope at runtime (obirope 5)
Hi!

I'm looking for the exact same thing but I can't seem to get it working. 
The sample script you refer to is no longer available and I tried using the one you posted but doesn't seem to work

I'm using ObiRope 6.5.2
Any chance you know if this feature is updated? Sonrisa

Kind regards.
-----------------------
EDIT:

I got the script to work by changing the Grab() method with bodyA/bodyB that i saw in the documentation.
I made a toggle in the editor so when its enabled the Grab() will be called and it grabs the cable Gran sonrisa (I considered this a win already haha).
Though when disabling the toggle so Grab() is no longer called keeps the particle that was grabbed in same position, the Release() method doesn't seem to work or be called.
Even when I make a separate toggle for Release() the particle stays in put. 

Another issue I noticed is that when I test the Grab when the cable is not extended with the cursor it works just fine. 
But when I test the Grab after the cable is extended it doesn't always seem to work as I would hope it would. The particle gets grabbed but when I move around the particle/cable doesn't follow the object that grabbed the rope perfectly. It lags behind... not sure how to explain it. 

I feel like I'm almost there, I'm already happy to see that the Grab() works even though its not yet as I hoped it to be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grabbing a random position on a rope at runtime (obirope 5) - by 5G_Zendmast - 04-05-2023, 01:28 PM