Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Controlling specific particle force / custom constraints.
(20-06-2022, 04:46 PM)MoonglowStudio Wrote: Thanks for answering so fast!
1. I tried it and it seems to work quite well. My only issue is that the original mesh has multiple meshes and a simple animation for the snake's ondulation and tongue hissing.
I guess if I want to use an Animator and a complex mesh, the only possible use is ObiBone?

Out of the box, yes your only option is ObiBone if you have a complex joint hierarchy with pre-existing animation. However with some simple scripting, you can drive custom joints using particle data: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...icles.html

(20-06-2022, 04:46 PM)MoonglowStudio Wrote: 2. Also, with ObiBone, when the Solver is at the Armature's root, even with World inertia settings maxed out, there is no movement applied to ObiBone when I move the parent mesh object manually. Is it intended as it works with the Animator, not Transform?

Simulation happens in solver space. Which means that if you move anything other than the solver transform (or anything above it in the hierarchy) or the bones involved in the simulation, it will be ignored.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Controlling specific particle force / custom constraints. - by josemendez - 21-06-2022, 07:33 AM