Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particle connections ignore neighbour
(13-04-2021, 08:57 AM)Hakazaba Wrote: I decided to edit the rig so that it had two edgeloops of space to pin to without causing issues.

Id like to clarify what i mean by a pin that follows the skinning. Because im positive that you could make this

Currently, a pin follows a specific game object. 

When generating mesh particles, you could optionally store the weights at the position of the particle (linear interpolation between the verts of the triangle it's attached to based on where it is within that triangle, you could use that information to reconstruct the skinned position based on the bone movements

Thanks a lot of the suggestion! Obi Cloth already does this exact thing for cloth: it calculates the skinned position for each particle, then interpolates between the "simulated" and the "animated/skinned" positions using a user-defined parameter. It's just not implemented yet in Obi Softbody, but it's on my roadmap. Will be done during the 6.X development cycle Sonrisa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Particle connections ignore neighbour - by josemendez - 13-04-2021, 09:04 AM