Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Obi simulate a solid/liquid system and emulate discrete objects
Hi,

I'm investigating Obi Fluid as a way to create a solid/liquid system in my game.  Think melting a metal ingot and then having it re-solidify, possibly into multiple different pieces.
The property diffusion example in this video is pretty close to the effect I'm after (at 0:50s).

It seems like Obi can do the melting part easily, I'm just not sure about the re-solidification part.
Do you have any ideas on how one can use Obi can do this?

More specifically, I'm wondering if this kind of "permanent" fluid type system is supported by Obi e.g. like still water in a cup with "no particle lifetime" or a way to make it seem like there is no particle lifetime? 
Most videos focus on streams of fluids rather than still bodies. 
I'm after an effect where the player can smelt some discrete units of ore (e.g. 10 sphere rigid bodies) and they turn into a blobby melted mass which can be aggregated into one object (1 mesh with 10 times the volume of a single ore unit) and vice versa.

How can Obi emulate discrete objects in this way, i.e. preserving a physical quantity?

(sorry for the word vomit)

Messages In This Thread
Can Obi simulate a solid/liquid system and emulate discrete objects - by krooq - 21-03-2021, 06:23 AM