Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - Collisions - Performance tips - Gaps between particles
(21-10-2017, 09:59 PM)popuz Wrote: Thanks Jose! 

I understand why it was wrong with my cube-example - Mass in Rigidbody was too small (as by default equal to 1), and in your  FluidMill example it is 100... So now I will try to understand about my SpringJoint. By the way, what is the mass of one fluid "particle" in Obi (with respect to default 1 in rigidbody)?

Have a nice weekend Guiño

In general when working with fluids, you don't think in terms of mass, but in terms of density. (mass per volume unit)

The mass of the particles depends on your material rest density, and your material resolution. It is automatically calculated and displayed in the fluid material inspector, both for 3D and 2D fluids.

Fluid density is given in Kg/m3 (kilograms per cubic meter). So, if your material density is 1000 kg/m3 (that of water) and your resolution is 1 (1000 particles per cubic meter), then each particle weights exactly 1 kg in 3D, and 10 Kg in 2D.

If you increase the resolution while keeping density constant, then each particle weights less (since the same mass is now distributed in more particles). Decreasing the resolution makes particles heavier, since they must accumulate more mass to keep the density constant.

let me know if you need further info! Gran sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - by josemendez - 05-07-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - Collisions - Performance tips - Gaps between particles - by josemendez - 22-10-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - by whack - 14-12-2021, 08:30 AM