Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - Collisions - Performance tips - Gaps between particles
(18-10-2017, 12:50 PM)josemendez Wrote: ...
There's a sample scene included in Obi called "FaucetAndBucket". There you can see that fluid does not escape the bucket even though you can drag the bucket around quite fast.
This is done by adding a rigidbody to the bucket, and setting its velocity accordingly when dragging it (see the included ObjectDragger.cs script). This way continuous collision detection has a velocity value to work with, and as a result collision detection is much more precise and tunneling happens less often.
Thanks, Jose. 
Now it became a little bit clearer and you answer will help. However, I have two more qestions:
1) Could I clamp position of the particles in some range? In general, have I some control on their positions?
2) You say: "Dynamic object using a non-kinematic rigidbody: OK". However, colliders are limited to be ONE convex mesh. The limitation is that only ONE mesh collider. I mean, that I can't make complex collision shape by arranging a bunch of simpler convex colliders (which is a classic approach for complex geometry rigidbodies). As example I tried to make a box with open upper part, but water go through (see the picture).... Is it possible to fix?

Messages In This Thread
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - by josemendez - 05-07-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - Collisions - Performance tips - Gaps between particles - by popuz - 18-10-2017, 04:01 PM
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - by whack - 14-12-2021, 08:30 AM