Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  get position of particles
Hello again and thank you for the super fast reply.

It looks like your reccomendation solved my issue.

However i still have a problem.

My goal in this small task is to stitch the 2 flags togher using script. More specifficaly i want to stitch together only the parts  that overlap.

What i am doing so far is that i try to create 2 lists containing all the particle positions of the 2 flags. Then intersect these 2 lists and stitch the flags in the common particle positions.

At the moment this works only if i put one flag 100% on top of the other.  Indeed the interesction list has the same length (count) as the number of vertices (289) of both flags, which is expected i
[Image: aFXRcdu.png]
This results into all particles being 100% in same positions so the 2 flags are 100% stitched together.

If i try move one flag slightly, even though they have a lot of area overlapping, the list intersection is not detecting any common particle locations
[Image: DF0EGQQ.png]
In this case the common particles list returns 0 locations as common and a result they are not stitched.

I think again i am missing something related to the particle positions, (or maybe they are just no common particles at all?)

edit:
visualizing the particles of the 2 flags gives me this:
[Image: XHZ9GpF.png]
it looks like there should be common particles but there are none are detected.

Messages In This Thread
get position of particles - by orestissar - 19-02-2021, 10:44 AM
RE: get position of particles - by josemendez - 19-02-2021, 11:08 AM
RE: get position of particles - by orestissar - 19-02-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: get position of particles - by josemendez - 19-02-2021, 03:22 PM
RE: get position of particles - by orestissar - 19-02-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: get position of particles - by josemendez - 19-02-2021, 04:11 PM
RE: get position of particles - by orestissar - 22-02-2021, 02:59 PM