Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Pulling Rigidbodies with bigger mass
(11-02-2021, 08:51 PM)Eddy13 Wrote: Thank you for the quick response. I had my attachments set to static. Now that I set them dynamic the rope does interact with my Rigid bodies, but I have a hard time getting a stable connection. No matter what mass/sub step settings I use I get an unstable connection between 2 objects. Its not a stretching problem anymore, but one of the connected rigid bodies will either start rotating around upon connecting them with a rope, or the connection will seem stable, but then at some point one of the rigid bodies will be suddenly flung into the air... This happens when the rope is relaxed or slightly stretched with not too much forces acting on it...

Make sure the rope is not attached inside of or intersecting with the rigidbody, if it’s set to collide with it. The rope can’t be simultaneously inside and outside of the collider, so this will result in an unstable simulation. This situation along with its solution is described in the manual, see the last bit of: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html

Also if you’re using substepping and Obi < 6.0, make sure to enable “substep Unity physics” in the updater component.

Messages In This Thread
Pulling Rigidbodies with bigger mass - by Eddy13 - 11-02-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: Pulling Rigidbodies with bigger mass - by josemendez - 11-02-2021, 09:00 PM