Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Fluid Setup - Beginner Question
(07-01-2018, 12:39 AM)hmhmhm Wrote: Hi Jose,

I just went over the tutorial pages again, to see how I could get the layer/phases and 2D/3D part wrong. Hopefully I can 'repay' for your fantastic support, by helping to improve the tutorial pages:

1. FAQ, I set up colliders as explained in the manual, but I canĀ“t get Obi objects to collide with them. Is this a bug?

Most likely the cause is that your colliders and your Obi actors (cloth, rope, etc.) are in the same layer. Obi requires actors and colliders to be in separate layers in order to generate contacts, as this allows for more fine-grained collision control. See the collisions manual page for detailed info.

-> I believe this should read:

Most likely the cause is that your colliders and your Obi actors (cloth, rope, etc.) are in the same phases. Obi requires actors and colliders to be in separate phases in order to generate contacts, as this allows for more fine-grained collision control. See the collisions manual page for detailed info.

2. Introduction/Obi Solver

-> When explaining all the parameters, 'Mode' is being omitted, i.e. the explanation goes from 'Collider Group' straight to 'Interpolation', without making mention of mode, which sits in between.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention! we've updated the documentation to fix these issues (and a few others). Your help in discovering these omissions/inaccuracies is invaluable!

Messages In This Thread
Obi Fluid Setup - Beginner Question - by hmhmhm - 03-01-2018, 08:26 AM
RE: Obi Fluid Setup - Beginner Question - by josemendez - 08-01-2018, 07:54 PM