Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Fluid Setup - Beginner Question
Hello,

I'm new to Obi Fluid and in the process of getting familiar with it.
I'm trying to have a very simple 2D scene, similar to 'Simple Fluid' in the Sample Scene folder.

I start a new scene, add an Obi Emitter (with solver), and turn it 90 degrees on the x-axis so it emits downward.
I then add an empty Game Object, and add 'Rigidbody 2D', 'Box Collider 2D' and 'Obi Collider 2D (Script)' to that object. As per the instructions, I make sure the emitter and game object are in different layers.

When I run the scene, two unexpected things happen:

1. The Obi particles 'enter' the object, i.e. they don't bounce off the surface, some of them even 'fall through' the object.

[Image: 5rJWiwA.png]

2. When I switch to 3D view, and have a look from the side, I can see the particles are not remaining in the 2D plane (z=0), i.e. they move backwards and/or forward once they hit the object.

[Image: qTYuXhm.png]

Eventually I would like to create a simple bucket and fill it with fluid in 2D. How do I best go about this, so the fluid stays a) in the 2D plane, and b) in the bucket. Also, is there an easy way to fill the bucket when the scene gets executed, i.e. without having to 'emit' the fluid into it first, which takes a while?

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Obi Fluid Setup - Beginner Question - by hmhmhm - 03-01-2018, 08:26 AM