Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  SimpleFluid doesn't render on iOS (OpenGL 3.0)
(19-01-2021, 11:37 PM)josemendez Wrote: As the message says, OpenGL is deprecated on iOS. This means there’s no plan to support it further and will eventually be dropped in favor of Metal. This alone is a good reason to avoid it.

The issue is that Obi requires floating point and depth exture support, and will output the “fluid renderer not supported in this platform” if these aren’t supported. And in OpenGLES3 they aren’t, unless there’s specific extensions present. Most Android mobile devices have these, but not iOS. To use the built-in fluid renderer, you need support for these texture formats, which ES3 unfortunately does not have.

My advice is to switch to Metal (unless you have a really good reason not to) as OpenGL for Apple is as good as dead.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah, I'm constrain to use opengl because the current google cardboard xr plugin only supports until OpenGL 3.0 and not metal. Seems like I'll have to find another cardboard vr option.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SimpleFluid doesn't render on iOS (OpenGL 3.0) - by Hanyi - 20-01-2021, 03:45 AM