Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log issue
(19-12-2020, 11:13 PM)LogaNRV Wrote: Ok, the way to have a second sphere with an ObiCollider pointing to the collider of the first sphere is by using "Copy Component" and "Paste Component as New" in Unity (to copy the ObiCollider from the first sphere to the second one).
I have not replicated the exact same bug, but I have seen the cloth explode (fast movement, scaling up) a couple of times when been hit by the first sphere (that was moving relatively fast).
At that moment both spheres are launched far away from the center of the map, and Unity doesn't let me select any of the them.
So probably this is what happened the first time and the way to reproduce the original bug.

Hi,

This is not a bug per se, you're creating two ObiColliders wrapping around the same physical Collider (since Copy/Paste component keeps the serialized values of the component), which does not make much sense. It will likely result in both colliders being regarded as a single collider with potentially very high linear/angular velocities, in case one of them has a rigidbody component up its hierarchy.

The workaround would be to assign the correct collider manually after copying the component. Will investigate this further, nonetheless.

Messages In This Thread
Log issue - by LogaNRV - 18-12-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: Log issue - by josemendez - 18-12-2020, 09:49 PM
RE: Log issue - by LogaNRV - 18-12-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: Log issue - by LogaNRV - 19-12-2020, 11:13 PM
RE: Log issue - by josemendez - 21-12-2020, 08:32 AM