Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope Enable/Disable
(04-07-2017, 01:01 PM)PhantomBadger Wrote: No worries, let me try and describe our set up in a little more detail.

The rope is connected to two end-point objects (which are rigidbodies), these end-points are then attached to some other rigidbody objects via FixedJoint components.

I am experiencing this high velocity even without any of the objects in question moving between the enable/disable, if I highlight them all and toggle it in the inspector I get this effect. If I can offer any additional images/videos/etc to make our set up clearer please let me know Sonrisa

Thank you for your time, any ideas?

I assume you are using pin constraints to attach the rope to the rigidbodies. 

What version of Obi Rope are you using? I can't get to reproduce this in the latest one. See this quick video (not the best quality ever, sorry Triste) I did of a relatively complex joint setup with rigidbodies and a rope, it can be disabled/enabled just fine. Disabling the entire GameObject yields the same result. Also tried two non-kinematic rigidbodies, one at each end and enabled/disabled them together with the rope object, works fine.

If using 3.1, would it be possible for you to share your scene (or a video of it) so that we can take a closer look?

If not, I'd recommend updating since 3.1 introduced much stabler pin constraints, and fixed a few rigidbody-related bugs. 

cheers! 

Messages In This Thread
Rope Enable/Disable - by PhantomBadger - 04-07-2017, 10:43 AM
RE: Rope Enable/DIsable - by josemendez - 04-07-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: Rope Enable/DIsable - by PhantomBadger - 04-07-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: Rope Enable/DIsable - by josemendez - 04-07-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: Rope Enable/DIsable - by PhantomBadger - 05-07-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: Rope Enable/Disable - by PhantomBadger - 10-07-2017, 10:24 AM