Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some issues and questions.
Hi, again thanks for all the info.

About the "crash" using ILCPP and the Oni backend, I went and did the test of removing the Jobs package, and the build started crashing again.
So if at some point you want more info, at least I can reproduce it consistently. But for now I'm going to forget about it Gran sonrisa

Quote:Should be good. "Kinematic for particles" means the object won't receive forces from particles, it will treat them as static colliders. So no Unity substepping required.

Just to clarify this.. using both "Kinematic for particles" disabled and "Substep Unity physics" disabled would be good? (that is what I'm doing right now and I'm ok with the way it behaves).

Quote:One note though: a large gravity value will cause a large downwards acceleration, which works against convergence: the solver will have a harder time keeping cloth from stretching under gravity, so things might look stretchier than they would with lower gravity. As long as you're aware of this and know how to counterattack if needed (more distance constraint iterations and/or more substeps) all is well.

Oh.. that's why the cloth started looking more stretched when I changed gravity, and it looks better with 4 substeps Gran sonrisa
I will look at doing more distance constraint iterations I think.

Regards.

Messages In This Thread
Some issues and questions. - by LogaNRV - 26-11-2020, 08:37 AM
RE: Some issues and questions. - by josemendez - 26-11-2020, 10:00 AM
RE: Some issues and questions. - by LogaNRV - 26-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: Some issues and questions. - by josemendez - 27-11-2020, 09:26 AM
RE: Some issues and questions. - by LogaNRV - 28-11-2020, 02:54 AM