Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some issues and questions.
Hi, new Obi-suite user here.

I started doing experiments with the cloth component, adding a simple floating cloth to a test scene, where I have a lot of physics elements and a character controller mostly based on physics. Something like a mini "Fall Guys" level.
My first issue is that the moment that I add the cloth to the scene, the ILCPP build stops working, the screen stays black after the Unity logo and then crashes after some seconds.
In the editor and with normal builds all works well.
Also, with only the solver active (and the cloth disabled) the ILCPP build works correctly. Is only the moment that I enable the cloth gameobject (also when the OniCollisionWorld object appears), that it stops working.

This is a very simple cloth component, done with a blueprint from the demo assets (Cloth sheet) and all default values.
My solver is configured like this:

And I'm working with Unity 2019.3.15f1, Windows 7 64 bits, last Obi cloth version.

My second question would be how to configure the cloth to avoid my character going visually through it. I increased the fixed updater substeps to 4, the max depenetration to 40, avoided using interpolation and used elements "non kinematic to particles", and got a very nice cloth, without any visual glitches most of the time. I also played with anisotropy set to 1, but didn't see much difference. My characters right now are capsules and the moving elements are mostly spheres, so there are no pointy edges, but maybe you have some extra advice to configuring a cloth for this. I assume that a mesh with a lot of points also helps.

Another question.. when I enable "Substep Unity Physics" in the solver, my own code kind of breaks. For example, instead of the player correctly "attaching" to moving platforms, it now jump and stumble over them. My own "force element" scripts seems to apply more force to the player than before, like if they were called more times per second, but with the same old delta time. I was expecting that enabling this option was kind of "transparent" to the rest of the code, but I assume is not, so I would like to know what steps I should follow or how I prepare my code to use it.
Also.. I have been using the "fixed updater substeps" set to 4, without enabling "Substep Unity Physics", and all seems to work correctly.. is this ok?

Regards.

Messages In This Thread
Some issues and questions. - by LogaNRV - 26-11-2020, 08:37 AM
RE: Some issues and questions. - by josemendez - 26-11-2020, 10:00 AM
RE: Some issues and questions. - by LogaNRV - 26-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: Some issues and questions. - by josemendez - 27-11-2020, 09:26 AM
RE: Some issues and questions. - by LogaNRV - 28-11-2020, 02:54 AM